Monday, September 16, 2019

Social Studies Placement





Hi everyone!

Welcome to my Blog this week I'm going to be talking about where I see social studies in my methods placement. I am placed at West Union Elementary and I have 1st graders and I absolutely love it! There hasn't been much social studies being taught throughout the classroom just yet but there has been a few things. One thing that we have done so far in the classroom is the students each were given a picture with something on it such as "run in the hallway" or  "be nice to your friends", they had to place the picture on the good choice or bad choice side. This is a great thing for students to visually see what good choices look like and what does bad choices look like. Another thing we have done in class is how or what does good and bad behavior look like on the school bus, they were given a picture of a kid doing something good/bad and that had to color it and write a sentences about it. They also brought in a bus called Buster the Bus and he showed how to act on the bus and bus safety look like "look both ways when crossing the street". You can relate these lessons to your everyday life making good and bad choices are something your are faced with everyday, so for 1st grade I think these lesson are good examples to show. Right now we are doing a lot of math and language arts, there are many lessons where I could incorporate social studies, the students love to be read to so I could read them a information text about someone such as Johnny Apple Seed and then we can talk about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment