The Pilgrim's First Thanksgiving
By: Ann McGroven
Hey everybody ! This week I have a great book to share with you, I'm going to talk about a book called The Pilgrim's First Thanksgiving by Ann McGover. This book I have chosen to talk about is a great social studies book for you to use in your classroom , it talks about so many different things it describes the voyage of the Mayflower and the difficulties encountered by the Pilgrims during their first year in the New World, and recounts how they celebrated their first harvest. This is a perfect book to use in your classroom because its November and that means Thanksgiving is coming up, this book would be perfect to introduce your class and you could do so many fun activities after you read this book to your class.
This story is a great one to read to your students, it can open up discussion on the first Thanksgiving. Students can learn about how Thanksgiving became about, what they went through, and how it made a difference in American and other places across the world. They can learn so much from this book and I highly recommend adding this book to your collection I promise you wont be disappointed.


I really like the book you selected. I think it fits in perfect with the time of year and can really teach students a lot about thanksgiving. I like how you talked about this book opening up the classroom to discussions about the first Thanksgiving. I have never read the book but it sounds like it would be perfect for the classroom.
ReplyDelete