Thursday, October 11, 2018

Traditional Literature

 This week's post is all about Traditional Literature, and that means I picked one of my favorite childhood books to talk to you guys about. Cinderella lives In a far far away kingdom, Cinderella is living happily with her mother and father until her mother dies. Cinderella's father remarries a cold, cruel woman who has two daughters, Drizella and Anastasia. When the father dies, Cinderella's wicked stepmother turns her into a virtual servant in her own house. Meanwhile, across town in the castle, the King determines that his son the Prince should find a suitable bride . So the King invites every eligible maiden in the kingdom to a fancy dress ball, where his son will be able to choose his bride. Cinderella has no suitable party dress for a ball, but her friends the mice, birds, and Godmother lend a hand in making her one. When she walked into the ball she took every ones breath away including the prince and all the girls were jealous of her including her evil step sisters. Cinderella was enjoying herself so much she almost forgot what the Godmother had told her about the spell, so she quickly left the prince at the ball and ran away but she left something behind and the prince happen to find it after she had gone it was her glass slipper and he was determine to find her so he could give it back to her and tell her how he feels about her. 

This is all I'm going to tell you for now because I don't want to ruin the story for you so you'll have to read it and found out the ending for yourself. I think this is a great story to read for all age groups, and it shows that no matter where you come from there can always be a happy ending and a happily ever after !  


4 comments:

  1. I love how much detail you gave when explaining the book as well as how you expressed it was one of your favorites! That can really draw in a child's interest when being introduced to new books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a story that I would think most people know the plot of which makes it easy to relate to, as well as popular among children. I think that your moral of the story is really a neat idea and I would have to agree with the concept that it is important for children to not let where they come from determine what they will do for the rest of their lives because their potential is endless. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you've done a great job retelling the story, and you did not tell us what happened at the end. That would definitely have someone wanting to go read the story to find out what happens at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good choice for your blog! This is also one of my favorite childhood stories! I love the pictures you chose. Kids would love this story and i think it would be a good classic to read to kids in your classroom.

    ReplyDelete