
Hello everyone! I have chosen a great series that is all about math, the series is called Pigs will be Pigs by Amy Axeirod. I remember these series of books when I was in school and I remember how much fun they were. One of the stories of the series is a family of pigs decides that they were really hungry and wanted to go out to dinner, but the only problem is they didn't have enough money so they decide to go on a hunt to see if they can find money so they can go to dinner to feed there hungry bellies. After they searched all over the house in the couch cushions they finally came up with enough money, but once they got there they knew they had to add up everything that they were getting to make sure they had enough money to get everything there hungry bellies desired. The book had a menu with the prices on it so that's a good way for kids to get involved and help add up the total to see if they will have enough money for everything. In the end the pigs got there bellies full and they enjoyed there yummy dinner.
These books are perfect for any classroom they have so many fun stories and activities for the student to be involved in. That's the reason why I love these books and I remember them from school, and its also nice that you can learn so much from them and have a fun and enjoyable time whiled doing it. But I highly recommend these series to be in your classroom I promise your students will love them. Its a great way for them to solve math problems, learn about money, and also learn about life skills has well because if you go in a restaurant and only have a certain amount to spend you have to limit yourself on what you get and it might not always be what you exactly want.

This seems like an awesome book to read to younger students, while helping them learn about money. When I was younger, I remember always struggling at the book fair to add up my coins to make sure I had enough. I think when you read this in your classroom, it will make students more comfortable when beginning to handle money. Great book choice. It seems fun!
ReplyDeleteThis looks like such a cute book for young students! Most kids love when animals are used in stories and when they use lots of pictures. This would be a book that would be more engaging for kids! I also love that it is a series so if your students like this book you could read the other books to them as well! Good job Amber!
ReplyDeleteThese books look like a cute way to incorporate into a math lesson for your future students. I like that you yourself even used these as a student and want to share these with your future students. Great job!
ReplyDeleteThis sounds a fun way for students to learn about money. I agree that it is important for children to learn how to limit themselves when they go places, especially if their parents don't have enough money. I still have not learned how to do that with myself sadly. But, great job explaining your book; you provided enough details for me to know what the book is about.
ReplyDelete